Thursday, August 8, 2013

Angel Killer by PJ Nunn ~Promo & Guest Post~

Angel Killer
by PJ Nunn

The death of a child is every mother’s nightmare.  But what if the child has no mother?  What if their little bodies are discarded like garbage and no one even seems to care that they’re gone? 

Shari Markham, psychologist for the Dallas Police Department, knows what it feels like to be unclaimed and unwanted. She can’t turn away, even if it means demons dancing in her dreams at night.  But when her relentless pursuit of information to help apprehend this madman gets a little too close, he turns the tables, warning her that his next scheduled victim will be her own three-year-old granddaughter, Angel!

Purchase your copy at AMAZON





PJ Nunn
As with most things, PJ Nunn's career started out as something else entirely. She started out in retail then moved to property management. That led to teaching high school, then serving as a counselor and liaison to the local police youth services division. She also spent five years as chairperson of the Coryell County Child Welfare Board and spent years counseling abuse victims and serving law enforcement as a trauma counselor and consultant (something she still does today). When she moved to Dallas, a family illness caused her to leave a job teaching psychology at Dallas County Community College District to become a freelance writer, but found that a few favors she was doing for friends—writing press releases and setting up book signings—was better suited to her talents and her drives.
In 1998, she founded BreakThrough Promotions, now a national public relations firm helping authors, mostly of mystery novels, publicize themselves and their work. The business is thriving and PJ is excited about the release of her first novel, Angel Killer. PJ lives with her husband some of their five children near Dallas, TX.
Learn more about PJ and her work at www.pjnunn.com.

Connect & Socialize with PJ!

GUEST POST:

Never Give Up Your Dream
by PJ Nunn

Thank you, BJ, for inviting me to your place. You’ve got a lot of great info here! I hope you like what you see of my work as well. There’s nothing I love more than a stack of good books just waiting for me. Ten years ago, I’d given up on the idea of having my work published, and just got busy building my business which is acting as a publicist for authors who are promoting their books.
I love what I do. I work for the best people in the world and get introduced to great new books almost every day. And I get paid for it – can’t beat that! But every once in a while, I’d get a little sad that it seemed no one else would have the opportunity to meet my characters and enjoy them like I enjoy so many others.
I didn’t sit around having pity parties – there’s no time for that. But every once in a while, I’d get hold of a book that really wasn’t that great and I’d think, “My book is this good. Better than this. Maybe I should try again.” Usually I’d shake it off and just go on. I’d already tried the get-an-agent, submit-your-manuscript dance so many times. It almost worked. I actually had an editor at a large publisher who wanted to work with me. She requested one rewrite, then another, then a third. About the time we started to talk about a contract, she resigned her job and went to another publisher who didn’t want a series like mine. I was devastated.
I tried again. I heard Harlequin was looking for romantic suspense so I cranked out another one and submitted it. They liked it! But, they wanted a rewrite. Then another one, then a third (I’m not making this up). This time the response was, “I really like your writing but your book is just too much suspense and not enough romance.” Sigh.
That’s when I gave up and moved on. But here I am, fifteen years later and celebrating the release of Angel Killer: A Shari Markham Mystery, published in July by Dark Oak Mysteries. How cool is that? I can’t tell you how great it feels when readers send me notes or reviews and tell me how they like a certain character, or how they can’t wait for the next book in the series. It’s a completely foreign and incredible feeling.
So let me encourage you. Whatever your dream is, even when it seems like it’s just not possible, or maybe not worth the effort, don’t give up. Sometimes we might need to put it down and walk away for a while, but don’t hesitate to go back and pick it up again if the time seems right. It might be your turn next!

No comments:

Post a Comment